12.11.2011

Awaiting Miracles {Personal}

As Nate and I approach 4 years of being married, we are also awaiting the most precious gifts anyone could every ask for ...
twin babies.
It is still so surreal even after more than 7 months of seeing little babes on the ultrasound screen and seeing my body grow, and grow ...

It's been an emotional journey.
For 3.5 years not knowing if you will be able to have children ... trying to trust in God's plan.
Hearing and seeing what seemed like an infinite number of pregnancy announcements and "belly photos" and birth announcements... After a couple years, with each announcement, I felt happy for the new parents and at the same time I felt an unwelcomed stab in my heart. 
I have been hesitant to blog about my pregnancy and to post any photos or updates on facebook ...simply because I know how it may affect others and also I feel as though the little babies kicking inside are just too good to be true ... and I don't want to "jinx" anything by being too public or verbose about the subject.

While the pain of dealing with in.fertility has faded some, I still feel cautious to believe what is about to happen. I still feel at the mercy of the unknown...just wanting out babies to enter into the world safely and in good health.  
However, I suppose then even after they are born, we will still worry about them.  ;-)

I feel so lucky and blessed ... and also so aware that there are many people still out there who would love to be blessed with children and have waited far longer than us...you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ok, here's one photo from a few weeks ago at just about 31 weeks along ... I already measured like I was full term with a single baby here.
I feel quite vulnerable posting this but nonetheless . . .


I may still have a few weeks in me left to stretch (!!!) 
(Thanks to sis Katelyn for this photo)

I hope to find the time and energy to take photos of our (human) children ... like I have for our (furry) children. 
For now, we will wait with hopeful patience.
I hope we can always remember that these children are gifts from above to cherish ... even when deliriously sleep-deprived.
;)

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely post...
I wish you all the best and have been a true friend.
Thank you for being here for me and hope to be there for you if you need anything.
Love and God's Peace,
Natalie

Pete/Heidi said...

Congratulations to you and Nate ~ you look cute pregnant! :) What wonderful little miracles are on their way ~ thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer! Congratulations! How very exciting! I praise God for this amazing gift of twins that you will soon be holding in your arms! You look absolutely beautiful!! -Cyndi H.

Alena A. said...

Jennifer I have been thinking about you and wondered how you were doing! You put it so well..I too felt so many of those feelings and emotions after waiting 4 yrs for our boys to arrive here from heaven. You look great by the way! Love the belly! Can't wait to hear the news of when your little ones arrive...

Holly said...

Jennifer,
You are truly so blessed, both of you are going to make wonderful and loving parents. Your post is truly beautiful. Congrats again! Love and God's Peace,
Holly

Megan said...

Thanks for the blog post, and for the beautiful picture! You won't regret it! I was hoping to get a peek at you pregnant. :0) We are SO happy and excited for you and Nate ( whom I hope to meet someday ;) ). Aaron and I are talking about heading out your way sometime in February. It'd be fun to catch up. Love and God's Peace! -Megs

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! How exciting to finally be getting not one, but TWO babies! I only look in on blogs occasionally, so it was fun to come across this fun news tonight.
Your kids will love seeing this photo of you in years to come. You look great.
-Kathryn Eskola

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

You look amazing! Love the picture. I'm very excited for you guys. :)

Such a blessing for you guys!

~ Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Jen~ You look great. I am looking forward to seeing what your little ones are:) I personally know the feeling when a friend tells they are pregnant. Lexie is our princess we waited for so long. Many hugs to you and Nate.
~ Jennie

Pietila Family said...

Awww Jen...We're so happy for you guys. So much love is waiting for the little ones to arrive. Hugs to both of you! (BTW - You look fabulous!)

Sheila said...

Jen! You look absolutely beautiful. I am so unbelievably happy for you!!!! I was so bummed when I had to miss your baby shower! I keep you in my thoughts and prayers everyday!!! You r such a wonderful friend. Congrats to you and Nate!

Ted said...

I'm so excited for you and Nate.

Tif

Katelyn said...

You look great Jen! We can't wait to hear the news that the Skoog babies have arrived!! So sad we won't be able to see them right away, but they will still be pretty little when we get there :)

Katelyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Great post, Jen! You are such a sweet, compassionate person - you will be a great mother:) And Nate will be so cute to see as a dad. The pic is great - you will love having that!
~Ginger

Cheryl said...

Love this post! You look absolutley gorgeous, and will be a wonderful mother!

Brianna Kiilunen said...

So happy for you Jennifer! Beautiful post!

Elizabeth said...

It's so exciting and nerve wracking, anticipating a big change in life! We're so happy for you and can't wait to meet your sweeties. Prayers for a smooth rest of your pregnance and healthy babies. Lots of love

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, Jennifer!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Being a mother is being vulnerable. Thank you for sharing this with all of us.
~ann b.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Nate and Jen! This is such an exciting time preparing for these new little blessings!

MindiJo said...

You are beautiful in and out! This post shows the compassion in your heart for others. How sweet you are. I wish you the best with the rest of your pregnancy and everything afterwords.

Anonymous said...

God does answer prayers. We are so very happy for you both and await news of the twins arrival. Prayers that all goes well and both little ones are healthy! A&J