1.10.2009

Shannon


She's so glamorous!

I got PSE-7 this fall which I use occasionally to edit pictures. It's so fun. I am definitely not ready for CS4 yet, but maybe Lightroom is next . . .

Anyone who gets into photography knows the steep learning curve. I've just started to climb up the learning curve. A few years ago, I almost thought it was all mastered after I learned the difference between aperture and shutter speed! Well, to be successful at anything takes time and consistent practice, and more practice, and even more . . .

2 comments:

Julie L. said...

That computer software is an entirely different learning curve and oh so important.... but not as much fun as photography for me. I'm lucky though because my hubby catches on to that kind of stuff so quickly that he learns it and then shows me how to do what I want to do. I know enough to develope my pictures but still does all of the major photoshopping.. head swapping, limb fixing... etc, etc..

Do you shoot in RAW? I use Lightroom to process my RAW photos and love it, well worth the money I think. I use photoshop to finish them up...

Photography really is a sinkhole for money isn't it?..lol.. but oh so much fun!enough blabbering.. I need to go do some dishes.

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

Yes, definitely it's not as fun as photography! I shoot mostly high quality JPEGS but I shoot in RAW when it's likely I will want to do lots of processing. It's very tedious to shoot raw and try to use PSE; ok, so for sure I will make Lightroom my next big purchase (in addition to lenses, and about 80 other things)
Yes, quite the sinkhole it is! :)

I thoroughly appreciate your comments!